In addition to your homemade fire starters, you can make these great scented cotton balls to use throughout your home during the Holiday Season. They are unique because, unlike scented candles, the fragrance permeates the air in a more "natural" way, oftentimes hidden from view. Candles are great but you have to extinguish them when left unattended. With these scented cotton balls, the flavor of Christmas will carry on throughout the season, whether you are in the room or not. EXTRA HINT: Heat up the fragrance oil before you apply to cotton ball. The aroma will be much more intense when you do this.
Here's what you do to create your scented cotton balls. Simply place 2 drops of fragrant oil on a cotton ball and place throughout your home during the season. Below is a partial list of great uses for these scented cotton balls.
1. Do you make Christmas baskets? I do! They are uniquely personal gifts that are quite inexpensve. Place 2 drops of coffee fragrance oil on a cotton ball and wrap up in cheesecloth, tied with raffia. Place this in the bottom of your gourmet coffee Christmas baskets during the holiday just before you deliver your basket.
2. Place 2 drops of Christmas fragrance oil on a cotton ball. Place in a dish behind the commode to freshen your bathroom during the holiay season.
3. Place 2 drops of fragrance oil on a cotton ball. Place in a small dish behind your kitchen cannisters. They are out of sight but not out of smell!
4. Place 2 drops Banana nut bread fragrance oil on a cotton ball. Wrap in cheese cloth. Place this in the bottom of your Christmas Baskets with baked cakes and pies.
5. Place 2 drops Christmas Eve fragrance oil on a cotton ball. Wrap in cheesecloth tied with raffia. Hang on your Christmas tree inside the branches for a sweet "where is that coming from" smell around your tree.
6. Place 2 drops fragrance oil on a cotton ball. Place this out of sight ANYWHERE inside your home to freshen the smell for Christmas. These are great around pet areas where smells are often hard to cover during the Christmas season.
All these scented cotton balls can be "freshened" during the season by replacing them wth new scented cotton balls.